Sunday, November 4, 2007

No new pictures

I don't have any new pictures of the kids to post but I thought I would write a little about our week anyway. Every Sunday I think, "This week shouldn't be as busy as last week. This will be good." Somehow I'm always wrong and the new week is just as busy or more than the week before. This past week of course was Halloween and the beginning of it was spent getting costumes ready. (Didn't my husband do a great job on the Transformer costume? I love it and so does little S-.) On Halloween the kids were able to go trick-or-treating at their dad's work and around the neighborhood with our friends. After our jaunt around we went to our friend's house for dinner - french dip sandwiches. I think it's my new favorite - thank you R&A G- family.
I have been playing catch-up with the house ever since devoting so much time to getting the costumes ready but it was so worth it. Thursday I helped at the school and tried to take care of a few things around here. I had to laugh at little S- when I took him to preschool. When I got him out of the car he was so excited to run into the school I thought he would burst but he knew he couldn't go across the parking-lot without me. As we walked to the school he held my hand and pulled me along as much as he could. When we reached the curb he couldn't stand it any more and he took off. By the time I walked up the sidewalk and went in he had put his jacket in his cubbie, put on his name tag and sat down for circle time. I peaked my head in and told him goodbye he answered me with a wave and a, "Go home mom, I'm fine." He's always been a little independent but this is a whole new level for me. Friday the missionaries came for dinner and it was a lot better experience all around than last time. We have some very nice young men serving in our ward. My wonderful husband made apple crisp for desert and it was delicious. He really is quite a cook. How lucky am I?! Saturday morning we cleaned the church, later in the morning I did a presentation on bread dough at our ward super Saturday, and then that afternoon my hubby took me shopping and bought me really cute clothes. I get to wear the pants now but the rest I get to save for my birthday. I can't wait:). Now here we are at Sunday again and I think things are going to slow down a little bit for next week but I'm not going to hold my breath.

1 treasured comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your week. It does sound like a busy week. Sounds like little S is really enjoying school. Thank you for all the pictures. They are great.