Thursday, January 31, 2008

Christmas toys, Cowboys, Princesses and fun



I think these roller skates are the best thing Santa has ever brought and this girl LOVES 'em! It's been a little too cold, rainy, snowy, blowy, etc. for her to ride outside lately, but she does skate every chance she gets around the house and if anyone will go in the basement with her she loves to skate down there too.
When we were in Utah for Christmas she got to spend some time at my sister JuLee's house with her cousin K-. These two girls are kindred spirits. From what I've been told they spent most of their time in the basement skating - singing - making up dances and shows- generally just enjoying their time together.
It was a fun surprise to find out my sister and I had picked out identical pajamas for our girls independantly.
H- said, "That's just freaky - scary." (Would that be considered teenager speak that just came from my little girl's lips?) Anyway, I'm so glad they got to spend that time together.
This is our little guy in action.
He wants to be a baseball player when he grows up.
Or Spiderman,
Or a Cowboy,
Or and I quote, "Someone who's just smart, that eats tasty food like Doritos all the time."
He could definately do all of those things.....well maybe.... just spiderman on halloween but that's still do-able.




In these few pictures we have one happy little boy. He lost his cowboy stuff for a while and we finally found it while cleaning out his drawers.
(Oh look! He's a cowboy and spiderman at the same time. I just noticed that.)
He was so torn today about if he should wear his cowboy stuff to school or not. I told him he could, just no gun. He settled on leaving the cowboy stuff home with the understanding he will be putting it back on as soon as he gets home.
The first cowboy picture is him giving the bad guys the "LAZY EYE". Inspired by Fievel Goes West the movie.
Enjoy the Cowboy clip and demonstration of the "Lazy Eye"




H- feels it is her responsibility to raise her sister up in the Princess Ways. I think her tutoring is going pretty well. Little one left the crown on just long enough to get this picture. But that's longer than usual.





Now here we have one unhappy little girl because her mom made her wear her brother's jacket this morning. I couldn't find her cute pink one when we were taking the kids to school so this is what got slapped on her chuppy little body. How did she know it was a boy jacket? I don't know, but she did and she couldn't get this thing off fast enough.


Her walking has improved one hundred fold in the past week. Here's a sample.






This final video speaks for its self. Enjoy!


P.S. I'm sorry for any spelling mistakes that may be in this post. My spell check is not working today. Oh well.

4 treasured comments:

JuLee said...

It was so much fun to watch the girls perform their routines. I'm so glad they got to spend that time together. H- is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun looking at the pictures, reading the posts, and watching the videos. They all were great. That's crazy that H & K got matching pj They looks so cute. Also a cute picture of H w/her skates. Hay S you make a good cowboy. I liked your Lazy-eye Look. R is really walking good. I loved her dancing.

Nicole said...

Oh my heck, E- has the exact same jammies that she got for Cristmas! No wonder they get along! N

Shonda said...

ahhh, I think it is in the job description of big sister to teach little sister all thinks princess. Very cute. great post.