Friday, January 11, 2008

I always wanted a baby that could speak Chinese


So baby has always been a jabber-er. She talks and talks, gestures, nods etc. She knows exactly what she's saying and she loves it when we act like we know what she's saying. She was setting on her dad's lap the other day as he was practicing some Chinese. She looked at him and smiled and then just started jabbering away. He was speaking her language! All this time we thought she was just speaking gibberish apparently she was speaking Chinese. My suspicions that I have yet again given birth to a genius have been proven true. Next week we will start working with her on calculus and bio-chemistry.



Other Random Thoughts



I got a phone call the other day from a telemarketer representing M.A.D.D. (mothers against drunk driving). If you order a magazine through them they get money for their organization. In the past I have ordered, Family Circle, Family Fun and Better Homes and Gardens. The first two magazines I paid for a couple of years in advance so I don't have to renew them for a while but I guess BH&G is running out. The telemarketer was letting me know about this.

I said, "OK, I would like to renew it."

She said, "I'm sorry we no longer are able to offer BH&G but I could offer another magazine you will probably really enjoy, -Cosmopolitan."

I'm thinking, "Really?! Did you just say what I thought you said? You have a list there of the other magazines I've ordered and you really think I would be interested in Cosmopolitan? Maybe you should go take a break and refocus. Sounds like it's time you get another job.....not in sales."

What I actually said, "No thank you. I won't be ordering any new magazines today. Have a good day."

I'm kind of proud of myself for keeping my thoughts to myself....I was still polite on the outside.



This morning we had the street sweeper come sweep our cul-de-sac. It was 17 degrees out there (BURRRRRR) It left a nice trail of ice. What's up with that. At least our road is nice and clean...no dirt.

5 treasured comments:

Shonda said...

It's all in the genes! Sharp mama =s' sharp baby!

Nicole said...

re: telemarketer exactly what I love about you...you think what I think...but sometimes you say it! LOVE IT!
N

chats said...

Since our baby does the same thing (jabber not chinese). I wonder if we got our babies together if they would understand each other. They would probaby carry on a brilliant conversation.

Carol said...

That would be fun lets do it sometime!

Anonymous said...

I laughed and laughed I could just picture that in my mind. Smart baby.