Sunday, January 27, 2008

Wishes do come true - a.k.a. Merry Christmas to us!

What are these two looking at? Why does he look so happy?
It's because of.................
THIS!!!!!
After many months of research and consulting Consumer Reports we have a brand spankin' new TV. It's a little ( really a lot) bigger than our old 21" one and about 100lbs. lighter -
AMAZING.
(She's in her dad's arms because Tarzan on a big screen can be a little intimidating.)
Merry Christmas - Happy Birthday and Happy Father's day as well as
Happy Mother's Day, Valentines, Anniversary and any other gift giving event for the next year!
Just kidding!

This is why I'm smiling.

I finally found chairs to go with our table.

I've been looking for these for a couple of years. I knew exactly what I wanted I just couldn't find them anywhere. I guess I had to wait for the stores to catch up with me. We also got a large bench that goes on one long side of the table. It fits three children or two missionaries comfortably (we had the missionaries over for dinner Friday). I think three adults that were related and didn't mind being close would be comfortable too. Little S- is so excited over his new "big boy" chair (he doesn't have to use a booster anymore). After my wonderful husband got the bench and chairs put together and set up around the table he wished me "Merry Christmas 2006" These were supposed to be our Christmas presents to each other last year, but like I said I couldn't find what I wanted and so we waited. I'm so glad we did because these are exactly what I wanted and they make me smile every time I look at them.

We also bought a dresser for the boys off of http://www.craigslist.org/. I love that site.

Finally I'm working on painting a bookshelf for the boys and I think I'm going to make new quilts for them. I have a lot of work ahead of me but I am very excited for the end results, ie. matching furnishings - no longer hodge-podge.

1 treasured comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! The TV looks great and so do the Chairs. Congratulations! I know you will enjoy both. Glad you found what you wanted. That's the way I was about our sofa.