Friday, March 21, 2008

Relief Society Birthday

Last night we had our Relief Society Birthday celebration.

The presidency did a great job planning and presenting the night. A few weeks ago at one of the planning meetings I showed them a skit we had done in G.P., a Visiting Teaching hat fashion show. It was a long time ago, I don't even remember what year it was, but it went over just as well last night as it did in G.P.

Here's a group picture of the ladies.

There was: It's all about me MIMI, Post-it-note Penny, Hang around Holly, First of the Month Flora, Clueless Chloe, AWOL Annie, Count Anything Clara, Drive-By Dora, Tick-Tock Tonya and Always There Alice.
Doesn't everyone look great?!



If you try and get out of being in the group picture I will hunt you down, and I did.
BTW Jami, because the night was on being a good V.T. I decided I would be one and not post that close-up I took. But I will keep it in case I need to blackmail you someday.;)

Over all it was a great night. Below (left) is a picture of one of our decorations. We made a bunch of them and hung them from the ceiling. They turned out so cute. You really can't tell from this photo though. For a tutorial on making them click here, then scroll down and click on Paper Globes on the right.
The rest of the decorations were circles and marbles. We advertised the night by saying things like; Have you lost your marbles? We know where your marbles are, etc.
Then our R.S. Pres. talked about V.T. and that the marbles represented us, she had a vase marked with percentages and filled up with marbles to the percentage of V.T. our ward did last month. It was a great visual representation. Each of the councilors also said a few words, they did a wonderful job. One was about V.T. G00d - Better - Best and the other the Parable of the lost coin.
I don't want to forget our musical number. Brianne and Leslie were amazing!!! Not a dry eye in the house.
The rest of the pictures are of ladies enjoying each other's company.












Oh Yeah!!!!!The REFRESHMENTS......Marble cake w/ice cream and Hot fudge....SO YUMMY!

I'm excited about our next R.S. Enrichment Activity. We have an AWESOME CRAFT in the works!!!!!!

2 treasured comments:

Marshall said...

This was a really fun activity. You guys did a wonderful job!

Nicole said...

i had such a blast that night, the skit was hilarious!