I did an Internet search for a picture for Mother's Day to put on this post. I typed in Mother's day on the search part. There were a lot of pictures of baby animals with their moms, quite a few flowers, moms and babies, and this one. I don't know why this picture of a chicken came up, the name of the print is 'Elvis' - nothing to do with mothers or motherhood at all but it spoke to me, probably because quite often I view myself as a mother hen, so I'm using it.
I wanted to post this on Mother's Day but I was too busy being pampered by my family. ;0)
This weekend it occurred to me that I'm the mother of three boys. I mean, I already knew I was the mother of three boys, the evidence is all around me, stinky socks quite often are left lying about, more often than not while they're playing in their room the smell closely resembles that of an old, boys locker room (okay I don't know that for sure because I've never been in one but I would guess it's pretty close.) I can't remember a day without a truck being left in the middle of my kitchen floor and me tripping over it while preparing a meal for many a year. And I love it. But it really hit me that I'M the MOTHER OF THREE BOYS and someday if they don't treat their wives really well on mother's day or every day, it'll be my fault. Now that's a lot of pressure! How lucky am I that my Mother-In-Law did such a fantastic job with her boys. My husband is thoughtful, kind, a great dancer, a great cook, and willing to help around the house, he can vacuum like nobody's business. I owe my M.I.L. so much for raising a good man for me to marry and I love her for it, and also her willingness to welcome me as another one of her daughters. I wanted to say, Thank you Mom W. I love you - we all do.
My boys may not be very grateful for my epiphany though, next week they start taking a more active role in helping with the laundry as well as a few other chores around the house with the hope and prayer that even though my boys may not like it now hopefully someday my Daughters-in-law will appreciate my efforts!
Now, 21 Reasons why my mother's day was AWESOME!
1. It wasn't just Mother's DAY it was the WHOLE WEEKEND!
2. MDH took care of the kids so I could sleep in on Saturday.
3. MDH took care of the kids and breakfast so I could sleep in as much as possible on Sunday (we have early church).
4. MDH took me to lunch on Sat. at a Thai restaurant. YUMMY!
5. I had help with the dishes all weekend.
6. I didn't have to touch a single dirty dish all Sunday.
7. My kids made me the greatest works of art for my gifts!
8. The sun shined all weekend and not too much wind.
9. The kids didn't fight.
10. I got to take an hour and 1/2 long nap.
11. MDH made me crepes for lunch with various toppings. He is a master crepe maker!
12. MDH organized my recipes for me (perfect gift)
13. The kids sang with the primary during sacrament meeting.
14. MR. Man kept telling me Happy Birthday and asking me if I wanted a bike for my B-day.
15. We watched Nacho Libre, (my choice) and laughed and laughed.
16. Left overs from my lunch on Sat. for dinner on Sunday, YUMMO!
17. The kids helped their dad without being asked.
18. Mr. Man was so excited about his card and gift he made he gave it to me last Thursday.
19. The kids all kept hugging me and asking me if I was having a good day.
20. After the kids were in bed on Sunday MDH watched Masterpiece Theatre on PBS with me. I laughed and cried.
21. I have the most thoughtful, kind, generous, loving husband on the planet!
Happy Late Mother's Day to all of the grand women I know! I hope your day was just as wonderful as mine!


1 treasured comments:
Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I did too. I enjoyed your list. Something I enjoyed was getting to talk to all of my kids. That was great. I told the ones here I like this idea of Mother's Day. Lots of fun things. Fun visits, phone calls, cards,the gifts and love from my family, flowers and going out for dinner during the week for M/Day. Also, I love to hear and see the primary kids sing at church. They are so cute.
Post a Comment