-I AM MORE THAN THE DEMOGRAPHIC I REPRESENT!
Recently our family got to be a Nielsen TV ratings family. As part of the poll you keep track of every moment of the day, if the TV is on or not, what's being watched, as well as who is watching. It was a great exercise for us to see how much we really are watching and it's a great deterrent for channel surfing because who wants to write down every single channel you flip through on a commercial.
I learned that we mostly watch PBS - and I love it. For the most part no annoying, embarrassing commercials and informative, entertaining programing.
In May - Masterpiece Theater (on Sundays) was the Mini-series Cranford. -It was a story of a small township in England. It wasn't action packed but well written and well acted. I looked forward to it all week. Now it's over I miss it - so I just ordered the DVD from amazon.

I really don't enjoy Lidia's Italy though. I find her lack of hair way too distracting. Sometimes her scalp glistens through her hair under the bright lights and sometimes they paint her scalp to match her hair color which is just as distracting. In this day and age and given the money she's probably making buy a nice wig for goodness sake!The travel shows are fun too, like Rick Steves Europe and Globe Trekker.
Finally I love, love, love, watching This Old House and Ask This Old House. I love to daydream about the house we will one day own and what we'll do to it.- So, next time there's nothing on the regular channels give PBS a try. You might love it too.


3 treasured comments:
I completely agree with you! But since we have moved there is NO reception out here in the mountains and we would have to pay for TV, call me cheap, but I figured that wasn't a necessity. And out of everything, I miss PBS the most. I love America's test kitchen, Nathan, this old house, and our kids loved watching Curious George! We miss it!
I'm thinking you are a good sale person. Think I'll start watching some of those shows you mentioned. I did watch Masterpiece Theater when Pride & Pre. was on. Now that the Jazz isn't on TV I'm looking for some good programs. Cranford sounds good.
let me know when a good miniseries is on, i love pbs too!
Post a Comment