.....and it's Thursday mid-morning, try the library.
It's the place to be - where all the cool people with kids hang-out!
It's the place to be - where all the cool people with kids hang-out!
Story time can't be beat for cheap entertainment.
You know how sometimes when you go shopping and you buy something you really like and you get that really excited - happy feeling, like a shopping "high"?
Seriously, I get that feeling from checking out books from the library - Seriously!
AND - it's free! TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY FREE I TELL YOU!
well....unless you forget to take your books back for like three months because you aren't going to the library regularly because your older kids are in school and your preschooler goes to school at that same time so you're either busy driving the preschool carpool or if it's not your week for driving you're busy helping out at one of your older sons' classes or if you're not doing that you're taking a nap and why drive all the way to the library when your bed is so nice, soft and inviting...then it's not free, because
3 months of fines on 12 books is NOT FREE.
But that's a story for another time and we're not going to go there now. Right? Okay! Moving on!
I {HEART} THE LIBRARY!
Mr.Man and friend listening contentedly.
Waiting patiently for a stamp. (What? Did I just say patiently? I did! Thank you Mrs. Howard for teaching my son to wait his turn. That ALONE was worth the preschool tuition!)
These guys feel they are just too old for story time, but they do like to hang out with their friends and read! Cool with me!

Duder is absent from this vignette because he's at cub scout day camp.
Duder is absent from this vignette because he's at cub scout day camp.
He was so excited he couldn't sleep last night.
I can't wait to hear how it was!

4 treasured comments:
Rhett was so excited he had his clothes laid out, socks and shoes and backpack ALL ready to go last night before bed, and was the first kid out of bed when I said it was time to get up this morning. He was even up before the dogs. THAT is amazing!
I so miss that library, they had such a great story time. We still sing the Monkeys swinging in the tree song all the time, the kids love it. Lincoln loved seeing all of his friends from church on Thursdays. Ahhh the memories. I can't believe how grown up Mr. Man and Jacob look, crazy! We miss you guys,
Tara
"You Know What's A Good Idea?" "The Library" I think that has been great for the kids. They are all such good readers and interested in books. It looks like little R is following in their footsteps. (and Mom can enjoy the quiet time too.) Thanks for the pictures.
You take your camera everywhere! I am working on getting our kids excited about reading, but when mom and dad can fill a book shelf floor to ceiling with DVD's and not books, it takes some doing. We are working on our reading at home, and it is getting better. Jacob just got a whole stash of mysteries to read. Thanks for the inspiration
Post a Comment