Saturday, June 7, 2008

would you like some 'catch-up' with that?

Busy week, there's a lot to catch-up on.

Doodle went skating for the first time ever with the school last week. His brother and sister enjoy it so much he couldn't wait to try. He was on his skates a total of 5 seconds when he tried out the padding on his sweet bottom.
Luckily, no harm done.

He started out hanging onto the side for dear life, he ended the day skating like a pro!
Afterward he said, "I really liked skating. I'm good at it. I fell once, and sat down (on purpose) twice. I can't wait to go again!"

We were given tickets to see the Broadway touring production of 'Phantom of the Opera' in CA last week. I was a little hesitant because I wasn't sure I wanted to leave the kids that long. But thanks to some good friends who watched the kids everyone survived the separation.....even me. MDH said, "It took an act of Congress to get Carol to leave the kids."
We're both glad we went though. We couldn't take any pictures in the theatre so here's the view from the line at the front doors.
We finally got the flowers planted in the front flower-garden. We're trying zinnias instead of petunias this year. I can't wait for everything to fill in and bloom!
The kids have way been into the sidewalk chalk lately.
Doesn't this make you feel welcome and feel like you want to come visit us?
If this picture doesn't then.......


.....these will!



Good thing it's just chalk.
Our neighbor - bless her heart - was being nice and weeding the shrubs they planted between our yards (on their property - but we water them.) She punctured the sprinkler line in 4 places, so MDH had a big job fixing it. Works great now.
While he fixed the sprinklers the kids played in the mud.
Mr. Man was singing this little song he made up.
"First you take a little mud and give it to a friend, give it to a friend."
"Then you take a little mud and give it to a friend, give it to a friend."
"Because that's what good friends do-o-o-ooo!"

Too bad the friend was dad's car. So Mr. Man cleaned it up. The second verse could go something like this,

"But mud's not good on dad's car, on dad's car. So I cleaned it off, cleaned it off. Because that's what good boys do."

This week, MDH was the victim of a hit and run while getting on the free-way. Luckily he wasn't hurt and we have insurance. He got the license and filed a police report. We'll have to see how that turns out. We'll keep you posted.

Now, wouldn't you agree, everything's better with 'catch-up'?!

3 treasured comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed "Catch-up". Can't believe how much Doodle has grown since we saw him last. And Wow so good looking. The Skating party sounds great, glad you had fun Doodle, and that you did good. You're right those pic made me want to come see all of you.
The flower beds look good. Zinnias are really pretty. (They look Happy) Tell S I like his little songs.

Lauren said...

Bummer - I'm glad your mans ok! I love going roller skating there.. love the "catch up!"

Nicole said...

oh my heck, don't you just love when you have so much to blog about? my answer to that is yes if its cute kid stuff, no if its just cruddy bad luck!i'm glad you had a little of both :)