Monday, October 27, 2008

one weird thing among many


One weird thing, as I hit the one month until my 35th b-day day and begin to contemplate my impending doom ---um---I mean age, is that I don't feel much older than 18.......Aside from a few aches and pains in my joints (probably a result of dance abuse when I was 18), a few gray hairs, a stray wrinkle here and there, a stray 20 pounds here and there, and 5 kids you'd never know I wasn't 18.
But then I look at my nieces and nephews who seem to think they need to get older and do grown-up things like......GET MARRIED ......and I'm reminded that I'm OLD---er....than they are so I must be getting old.
Above we have my sister's oldest daughter and her husband. Aren't they cute?
This fall another niece and nephew (brother & sister) got married within 3 weeks of each other.
Their poor (literally) parents!
Life moves on.
I'm loving every second of it.
But while everyone else gets older I declare I will be 35/18 FOREVER!!!!!!

5 treasured comments:

Marcee said...

I know exactly how you feel. I turned 20/10 (30) this summer and I don't feel that old. Sorry for those of you older than me... It is hard to leave your twenties. This summer I also attending a wedding of two kids that I use to babysit as toddlers. Also I catered a wedding of another two I used to babysit as toddlers.. Crazy world!!

Lauren said...

What? You aren't 18. I totally thought you were!!

Andrea said...

I feel 18 too, who is that old lady in the mirror? I start talking to my niece who is getting married this winter and I talk about my wedding as if it just happened. It is so funny how when we are 14 we can't wait to be 16 and then when we are 16 we can't wait to be 18. Now I just wish I was still 18, or at least that I still had that body! Time goes by too fast. Before we know it we will be talking about our kids weddings. Then I will really feel old!

Erin said...

I am 28 forever. So I have lost track which b-day is next (HaHa I wish!)

Jeff said...

I'm glad you mentioned my poor parents. We had the open house in California this past weekend so my parents are finally done with having to deal with wedding stuff. By the way, I feel old now that I'm married.