Sunday, May 31, 2009

Seattle Washington 2009 - Pikes Market and Alki Beach

After our Hike to Snoqualmie Falls we had a picnic in the park with Pam, Ken & Aaron.
No photos because I was just enjoying the great company and conversation. But please, don't think because there are no pictures it wasn't a highlight of the trip. It really was. We always have a great time with Pam and Ken.
Saturday, late afternoon/early evening we took the kids to Pikes Market (aka the place where they throw the fish - and the market in Sleepless in Seattle) MDH and I have always enjoyed it there - He particularly enjoys 'Lark in the Morning', it's an instrument store, and where he bought his guitar 4 years ago. We'd taken the older kids to Pikes Market before but I'm not sure they remembered it very well. I think they will now - the younger two I'm not sure - I guess we'll just have to take them back again in a few years.


This Little Piggie Went to Market.
They have these big pink pig statues along the streets leading to the market. "Follow me to market" is painted on their sides.



I took this picture at the request of Doodle - Although I think the giant squid terrified him, just look at the picture below --see---terrified I tell you.


There was a man at the market making balloon animals for tips.
Doodle requested this hat (for which he got a lot of attention)
Duder an elephant (what else?)
Mr. Man a sword (again what else)
We ate at Ivars, along the water front. Then the kids fed the Seagulls.
Duder has a great picture of the bird grabbing the fry from Banana's hand. I'll post it once we get it downloaded to the computer from his camera.
Click on the pictures to get a closer view. Duder's face is classic. I was a little slow on the trigger so the picture was taken right after the gull snatched the fry.
After Pikes Market we drove over to Alki Beach, which is directly across from downtown Seattle, to watch the sunset. Sweet Cheeks fell asleep in the car so I stayed with her while MDH took the kids out to explore just a little bit. The view was gorgeous!

3 treasured comments:

Lauren said...

The pig picture is my favorite!
I'm gonna have to go there sometime!
I love Sleepless in Seatle!!

The Gray Team said...

What a fun vacation! It looks like it was jam packed with lots and lots of fun! Those are the best memories!

McCombs Family said...

Fun! who would've thought a squid could create such fear. My husband wouldve loved feeding the seaguls-but he has a tendency to try to catch anything that will come close enough to feed....ducks, geese, chipmunks.