Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Zoo Day - Rainy Day

Last Wednesday we went to the Zoo. My itinerary for the day went something like this.

  • Leave for Zoo 8:30 am.
  • Arrive 9:00 am.
  • Visit elephants, monkeys, Madagascar Exhibit, small animals, ride Carousel, see whatever special programs the kids want to see.
  • Eat lunch @ play area 11:30.
  • Play.
  • Leave 12:30.
  • Take nap @ home- 1:30.

The day started off well - We were only 1/2 hour behind schedule so that's actually being on schedule. Everything seemed to be going well. The kids enjoyed the Elephant program. Check out the Elephant trainer - you could tell he and the elephant had a friendly-loving relationship , he just looks like he should be on a motorcycle @ some sort of road rally not at the zoo answering kids' questions. He was a really nice guy though.

We got rained on a little bit - still - no big deal we were happy to be there. The penguins were more active than I've ever seen before.
But --- by the time we got off the Carousel we were in the middle of a torrential down-pour.
Seriously it felt like we were having buckets dumped on us.

We canceled the "eat at the play area and play" part of our plan and decided to head to the car for lunch.

By the time we reached the gift shop by the entrance we were wet through. So we hung out there for a little bit to see if the rain would stop or slow down.

Poor Duder had left his jacket in the car so he was really soaked and Doodle said it was like we'd taken a 2 hour shower in 5 min. But everyone was a good sport and in great spirits.

I think it's safe to say we made a fun memory that day. AND it was a great day to see the animals up and moving around --- they were so active.


When we got up this morning and saw it was raining I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the zoo again today. I think I heard crickets after that question ---- absolutely no response. I think they thought I was serious. I may be a little off but I'm not that crazy. I think next time we'll try for a little bit dryer day.

3 treasured comments:

Lauren said...

Bummer you got rained out!! The elephant guy looks like he belongs at a Harley store!!

Heidi said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I hate when mother nature steps in and changes my plans for me. But I'm glad that you guys could laugh it off. I'm sure you will remember that day for a long time to come.

mjs said...

Cute pictures! Still, looks like you all had fun. I had to laugh when you told about asking the kids if they wanted to go back to the Zoo and it was raining outside, and they were all so quiet. Guess that means not that day.
I just ck/your new things on your Etsy/spot. Those are so cute. Good Job!