Saturday, March 6, 2010

What I've been up to.

Lets see......Where do I start?......

....Last week was the Blue & Gold Banquet, for Cub Scouts>>>>>>>>>>I'm a Wolf Den Leader>>>>>>> I was in charge of the decorations>>>>>>STRESS!

This week we had Girls Camp fireside, family get together, scouts (for me and the boys), voice lessons, piano lessons, young women activity, Relief Society Meeting, Ward Party (I was in charge of decorating one table), Birthday Party, MDH and I helped his mom for her Stake R.S. meeting, I helped in Mr. Man's Kindergarten class, dinner w/my bro., and in between all of that >>>making sure the kids were clean and fed, homework was done, everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there, piano was practiced (me and the kids), singing was practiced (Banana and MDH), dishes were done, the house didn't explode, laundry was done, and Mr. Man and Sweet Cheeks didn't kill each other.....................and a few other things.

WOW! what a week! but we survived.

So, we had a not so progressive dinner for our church party this week. MDH and I were asked to host a table. That meant we got to decide our menu and make food assignments to the other couples that had been assigned to our table. AND, I got to decorate our table(s) (we had a big group so we had two tables).

Decorating really, really, is not my favorite thing. Let me explain why. One of my main concerns in life is energy conservation. If something takes too much energy then usually I don't want to do it. I try to do all that I do in the most efficient way so that when I'm done I still have energy to do the other 170million things I need to do that day. That doesn't seem too crazy does it? Well, decorating takes way too much brain power and therefore way too much energy. Thus......not my favorite thing, in fact, a very stressful thing. But I decorated our table and I think it turned out OK.

Shonda gave me the tulip idea, I had the black and white fabric (it was going to be kitchen curtains but then I decided it was too busy). Since we were having breakfast for dinner and MDH was making his famous crepes I decided to get some pictures from France (MDH's sister and family visited last year) and put those on the table to. Voila that was our table.

I was reminded several times by several people to get a picture and post it so here you go. I though I'd include some of the other tables just in case any of you out there ever have to do this too and need a little inspiration. There were a lot of very cute tables.

So here you go.....First up is mine and my beautiful purple tulips (which I now get to enjoy all week!)

Fancy spring table. (that's Easter candy in the bottom of the centerpiece!)

Fun fiesta table. (those are apples being used as place card holders!)




Hawaiian table. (love the flowers around the plates!)


U of U table. (the BYU Utah rivalry is alive and thriving in our neighborhood.)

Summer fun table. (they ate bbq on the pie tins...those are cake pops, I still need to try and make those.)

St. Patty's table (they had green candy sprinkled on the table...I was able to beg 3 Andes mints off of them! Lisa is now my best friend!)

Cowboy table (love the boot)



There were more really cute tables but they weren't finished when I was taking pictures, so no pics.

So, my family and I survived.........I wasn't sure we'd make it but we did........looking forward to hopefully a little less busy new week.

3 treasured comments:

Andrea said...

You are such a super mom!! Love the tables! I hope you are taking some time for you every once and awhile!!

Doug and Michele said...

I love all the fun tables. Yours fits right in! I love how beautifully simple it was. I think that is a very fun idea for a party and may have to pass it on.
Glad your back!

Mom said...

Your table looks great! The party looks like a lot of fun. Lots of beautiful and fun tables. You are so good at decorating.