Yesterday was a thirteen load laundry day. (My poor workhorse of a washing machine.)
Almost all of the loads ended up on the couch waiting patiently to be folded. Okay not patiently, they were screaming at me, "Fold me! Fold me! Before I devour your children, fold me!"
But I had other things to do, rooms to clean, owies to fix, meals to prepare, etc.
While I was busy fixing dinner, refereeing a squabble, setting the table, changing out loads of laundry and cleaning up something that spilled, my angel of a daughter sat down at the couch and quietly folded and put away every single piece of laundry!
EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!
WITHOUT BEING ASKED!!!!!
Words can not express my gratitude. I know any of our family would help if I asked.
Sometimes it's just nice to not have to ask or remind.


4 treasured comments:
I may cry a little! What a good girl. :)
um wow...you would have had to pick me up off the floor if that would have happened at my house!!
Maybe one day (my oldest is only 8)
of course...I was secretly hoping your hubby had done it so I could show it to mine and encourage him to do the same :)
I just said s/cheeks was a sweetheart, and now I just read this post and you have another sweetheart for a daughter, of course I knew that. Way to go, Banana!
I have a kiddo like that... you are raising some great ones there!! Way to go!! I love when kids think of these things themselves... angels I tell you... ANGELS!
Post a Comment