Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"I guess some people are just quitters."

This is how it played out.
Doodle had a friend over. For some reason he decided to share some family information with me.....a little too much information....
Made me smile though, so I thought I'd share.
Spoken by a 9 year old. I'm pretty sure it was all in one breath too.

****All names have been changed!!****

"Ya, my Aunt Becky and my  cousin are living with us.
She's getting a divorce, she doesn't want a divorce, it's just that Frank is a quitter.
Frank is Becky's....husband...or was....I'm not sure, but, he's a quitter. This was his second marriage so you'd think she would have known. His first marriage they both wanted to quit so his first wife married another guy but then he ended up in jail so, you know, that's no good.
I guess some people are just quitters.
Don't marry a quitter."

There are a couple of things to learn from this story.
1) As the boy said, "....some people are just quitters. Don't marry a quitter."
2) Sounds like someone has been listening to the adults.
They're listening....always listening....even when they're not listening, they're listening...At least when it comes to the things you don't want them to hear....but when you ask them to do something like clean the bathroom or take out the trash....then it's a completely different story.

0 treasured comments: