Sunday, November 14, 2010

Painting --- a project worth bragging about!

Banana has been wanting to paint her room for two years. You got it, ever since we moved in! The problem was she wasn't sure about a color.
When she saw this comforter in an ad a while ago she loved it and was inspired to paint her room blue.
I love blue.........and I had a blue room my teenage years so I was all for it.
She decided to have this be one of her Value Projects for YW (Knowledge to be specific.)

Boy did she work and boy did she gain a lot of knowledge.
She cleaned out her room.
Moved furniture.
Fixed holes in the walls.
Sanded walls.
Washed walls.
Removed light and plug plates.
Taped off windows, light switches and trim.
Primed.
and
Painted.
Removed tape.
Cleaned up drop cloths.
Moved furniture back in place.
and even cleaned out her closet.

She said she love, love, loves it! And she thinks she enjoys it even more because SHE did it!

What a great lesson learned! Not only has she gained practical knowledge and experience she's learned how great it can feel to accomplish something that takes time and is a challenge and how rewarding the end result can be.

We are so proud of her!
I am so grateful for an inspired YW program!

1 treasured comments:

gms said...

Looks great! Good job! I know that takes a lot of work.