Sunday, March 27, 2011


Standards night came and went this week.
I wish I could say I had even the smallest hand in these cute little favors we gave to the girls but it was all Natalie the amazing, Gina the wonderful and Cindy the talented.
The rubber duckies sit on a little pond of cucumber melon soap nestled in a soft white washcloth tied together with our theme for the evening.


I should have taken more pictures of the cute decorations but I got a little distracted and this is all I got.
We hung a couple of polka dot shower curtains and hanging through-out the room were clear balloons that looked just like giant bubbles.
All of the leaders were decked out for the evening in their finest bathrobes & shower caps.
I opted for the Carol Burnett at the end of her show look, curlers with a scarf wrapped around the back and tied on the top of my head. It was lovely if I do say so myself.
We decided to take a light approach to get the evening started and presented a musical number for the girls.
The tune was Sesame Street's Rubber Duckie and the words were changed to Standards Night Fare.
I got out of singing and dancing by playing the piano, however, I did get to suggest some choreography.......a jazz square (of course!), and calf high kickline (sawweeet!).

The girls picnicked on the towels they brought and munched down a tasty sack dinner topped off with Brownies.....which just happened to be part of a object lesson a little later.

My favorite part was hearing from 1 beehive, 2 mia maids, and 2 laurels talk about what "being clean" means to them and what they do to stay that way. They are amazing girls and had such mature and insightful things to say.

Overall I think it was a success.
It was a lot of work but the girls are so worth it!

2 treasured comments:

Mjs said...

I like the favors you had for the girls. Clever! Sounds like a lot of fun

Doug and Michele said...

I think I might be stealing this idea! So much fun and a good message to boot! You may have to write the words down to your song.