Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hairspray - the choir concert

The theme for the evening was "Music, Music, Music" (from the movies)
There were songs from Grease, Newsies, Avatar, Sound of Music, just to name a few.
As I mentioned before Bananas Choir sang a selection of songs from Hairspray.
And they did a great job. 

Also the newest members of the Choralaires (the auditioned choir) were announced and welcomed.
As their names were read they went on stage and were given a rose and then they sang a song (You Raise Me Up) with the Choralaires from this past year.
Banana was so happy, and she's looking forward to being in the choir this coming year.

So here's a picture of our girl in her Grandmother's dress. Yes she looks beautiful and grown up. No the picture is not very good. You guessed it, she wasn't too excited about her mother taking her picture in front of everyone a bazillion times so I got three and this is the clearest of the bunch.




To finish the night the choir members each went into the audience and found someone to participate in the final number with them.
As they were walking out and finding people MDH said, I'll only do this if my daughter asks me.
And of course she did.
And of course I recorded it.
Enjoy!



PS this is the first time in a year I've been able to upload a video to blogger!
YIPEE!

1 treasured comments:

gms said...

Congratulations to our beautiful granddaughter for being chosen to be on the Choralaires. She is so beautiful and talented. Looks like a fun evening! Thanks for the video! (I can't believe I was ever that little.) She sure looks cute.