Sunday, August 7, 2011

Boeing Museum of Flight

While we were in the Seattle area we stayed with and harassed and partied with our friend Angelique for a couple of nights. And she says she still likes us which is saying a lot because our herd of 7 is a force of nature.

A couple of Christmases ago Angelique gave our family tickets to the Boeing Museum of Flight.
(Funny side story, when we got home Grandma W- asked Banana if she had fun on our trip. She said, "I did. We got to go to Pike's market and the Museum of Flight." Grandma said, "You went to Pike's market and got in a fight?"  Banana laughed and said, "I did you should have seen it there was this lady and we both wanted the same pair of shoes. It got really ugly." Then we all laughed)

This summer we were finally able to use the tickets and we dragged Angelique along with us.
When she was telling me about the museum she said she thought we'd really like it because there was so much to see and do and that she'd spent a couple of hours there and had loved it.
I thought to myself "I know we are going to spend more than a couple of hours there because I know all of my boys are going to be fascinated." and I wondered if she would still enjoy the museum after spending the majority of a day there.
I think she did.....I know we did.




We had a very knowledgeable tour guide just for our family. MDH loved it.

for some reason Mr.Man looks like he's in pain in this picture. I'm not sure what was up.


Angelique reading.


Kids flying.


Our very own Astronauts.





Me taking a break.




Angelique laughing at those funny funny W- kids.






We got to go inside a Concord.....pretty cool I just wish we could have actually flown in it.



Then we came back out.



We also got to see inside Air Force One...circa 1960's.



My boy's favorite part were the WWII planes.



If you know us (MDH) I'll give you one guess why he took a picture of this plane.


There's my......man!







1 treasured comments:

Mjs said...

Wow! What a nice gift. "You did good", Angelque (Miss You).
I loved the pictures of every one at the Museum of Flight. Looks like everyone was have a great time. Carol, I like your comment and pictures of the "Big Picture!"