Saturday, March 16, 2013



It was a sunny but cold Monday, February 18th, President's Day morning
and we loaded the family up and hauled us all to Scheels
in search of the fabled indoor Ferris wheel and 16,000 gallon salt-water aquarium.


We figured with it being a holiday it might get busy so we went early and tried out the Ferris wheel first thing.


None of our kids could remember ever going on a Ferris wheel
and so
MDH and I quickly realized it had been years since we had been on a Ferris wheel and I discovered
that over the years I've developed a touch of a fear of heights.
Rose and Sam were a bit apprehensive but brave and willing to try it out.



We all agreed that the worst part was the stopping and starting while they loaded passengers on.
The whole up and around thing was fun!





Hannah knew her limits and didn't think the Ferris wheel was for her so she took pictures of/for us.

We didn't get any pictures of the aquarium but it was pretty neat.
I'm not sure what exactly makes something an aquarium and what makes it a fish tank.
If I was to label the one at Scheels I'd call it a very large salt-water fish tank but they call it an aquarium.
It was good sized but when I think of an aquarium I think of something huge.
Anyway, it was nice but not as big as I was expecting.

While our resident ocean expert (Spencer) was there examining the fish someone came up to him and asked him a question about the fish in the tank, and then he asked him a couple more.
The man said, "I thought you looked like you'd know all about these fish."
Looks like our boy should get a job there answering questions about the fish!



On our way out we had a few more photo opportunities at the kid's request.



They wanted to have a picture with their friend Abraham.....he's a good, friendly guy.


Check out our boy the photo bomber!


After Scheels we headed to Costco for free food samples and gas  (possibly both kinds....{giggle})
and ended the day by watching Wreck it Ralph at our local dollar theater.
It was a very good day.

Here we are a month out and the kids are still talking about it so I'd say
It was a successful family day too!

0 treasured comments: