Sunday, March 2, 2008

100th post - Wilkinson Family Super Hero - Sweet Surprises!

Calling all SUPER READERS!


It's the Wilkinson Family Blog 100th post!




While pondering what to do to celebrate this momentous occasion I noticed that many bloggers write 100 things about themselves. I do love this idea but I didn't think it quite fit with what I have tried to have this blog be. While I do, do most....-all of the posting here I really want this to be about the WILKINSON FAMILY. So...I thought I would write a little about the person who gave this FAMILY their name, the person who makes this family tick, laugh, work-it-out, and stick together. You guessed it, my personal super-hero!
(For personal OCD tendencies and safety precautions I'm not ever going to use his real name. Although, pretty much everyone who reads this blog already knows his name I'm not going to use it. I'm weird I know.)


Anyway.... Come join me on a trip down "Memory Lane".





Our hero was born on a river boat crossing the Mississippi River, or so he thought for the first years of his life. Really they had to cross the river to get to the hospital and somehow that translated into riverboat. (I love that story).


He was welcomed into a family that loved him very much and trained him up in the family Super Hero ways. His talents for being happy and making people smile were usually encouraged....except for when he stood in front of the TV and kept his older brother from watching his favorite show.


Our hero learned to work hard, love deeply, respect others and enjoy life. Virtues that are hard to come by these days.


He discovered he enjoyed helping things to grow, from chickens to plants he was a natural.


As he grew he discover many other super hero traits such as steer wrestling, surviving being thrown into a barb-wire fence by a cow, learning to dance. And most of all surviving adolescence. -AMAZING!-

This is very close to the time that he entered my life. The year was 1988.
(Don't we have great hair!)


Although I wasn't aware he was a super hero at the time there were many things I did notice. He was extremely good looking for one, he also had a way of not ever getting on my nerves which truly was a feat none other had achieved before or since. (Also the reason why I thought I would never get married.)
He was the smartest person I had ever met yet he didn't flaunt it. I loved that. Finally he made me feel more important than any other person in the world. (He still does.) I remember thinking that someday I would like to marry someone just like him. But then I thought why settle for an imitation I want to marry the original. So that's what I decided I would do, I just didn't let him know right then. (Even super heroes can get scared off when it comes to things like marriage when you're in high school.)

Time moved on and so did he. He went away for a two year super intense super hero training in St. Louis.
When he returned the topic came up about marriage and we decided it was the right thing and the right time. We thought we were so old and so mature.
Look at these photos.....we really weren't...but it was the Right Thing at the Right Time!






Many sweet surprises have come as we have gotten to know each other even better over the last 13 years. I knew I was marrying a man with true moral fiber. A man who loved God more than me and would be willing to sacrifice everything for Him. A man who enjoyed children and wanted to make a good home for some of his own and someone who wanted to make me happy.

I have loved discovering, How MUCH he loves our children, How MUCH he makes me happy, How MUCH I enjoy dancing with him, How MUCH he has had to sacrifice for us and how he's done so willingly and happily.

Thanks for celebrating my hero with me. With-out him my life would be a dark place and this blog would be no fun to read......or write.

2 treasured comments:

Nicole said...

i LOVED it! not too long, not too short, perfect pix....FAB! you are such a good writer, you always make me laugh and tear up at the same time. i've seen other blogs where people list things when they get tagged or on their 100th and i like what you did way better.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! On your 100 Blog. YOU DID GOOD! Hope you are able to make back-up copies. A great f-History. Hero is cute in his baby pic and he also has a pretty Mommy.(Guess this is one time that it is ok if I tell him he is cute.) (Two year super training) I like that description. Good looking couple. Just want to let you both know, HOW MUCH YOU MAKE US HAPPY! LOVE, Mom