Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Farewell Friend

Today we bid a fond farewell to an old family friend - our microwave. There's a few reasons why it was time to replace our microwave. One - it got dirty....very dirty and it was just easier to replace it than clean it. Two - it was about twenty years old. In technology years that's like 200. So, that's a lot of years of good service. Three - when you start to worry about standing in the same room with it because you're concerned about the amount of carcinogens it's giving off, you know it's just time to give in and get a new one.
So here it is, my new cooking companion. I'm really excited to try-out some microwave popcorn, isn't that the true test of a good microwave? Our old one, once upon a time, did a fantastic job at it, but lately, not so much - it just burned the kernels. I think that's one of the worst smells EVER!

I had to take a picture of how nice this one looked inside. Hopefully I can keep it this way. Don't hold your breath though.


So now the best part for the kids, THE BOX!
So far it's been used as a dinosaur corral, space ship, space station, something to fight over, a table, chair, ottoman, and something to climb on & jump off. I'm sure there's many more equally fun & imaginative things to come.

Take a look at the "excited" pose of Sweet Cheeks. Couldn't you just eat her up!

2 treasured comments:

Nicole said...

I'm totally jealous! A microwave that actually pops popcorn? I won't believe it till I see it :)

Anonymous said...

The new microwave looks great! I bet you will enjoy it, and the kids will enjoy the box. Quite the imaginations. That's fun.