Monday, March 17, 2008

Green Pancake Freak-Out

So who knew green pancakes could cause so much trouble? Not I!
I knew my husband didn't have any affinity for them, he quietly passes on pancakes every St.Patty's.
Mr. Man (our 4 year old), must have just noticed this year that they are green because he's eaten them before but this year he wasn't going to go anywhere near them. He was completely freaking-out saying he hated them and he didn't want anything to do with them. This is the boy who asks for french toast or pancakes EVERY-SINGLE-DAY!!!! I seriously had to force feed them to him. I'm talking pry his mouth open and slide a little crumb in while he tried to scream through clamped shut teeth. As soon as he actually tasted them he said, "Mmm-mm, those are good. I love them." He ended up eating a whole mess of little green shamrock pancakes. It was like having a live action Green Eggs and Ham book played out at my dining room table.....and I will eat them with a fox and in a box.............
~
This year I decided to try to make Corned Beef and Cabbage in my crock-pot. Tune back in later for the critic's review.
~
A word of advice for my family and friends who are starting their families and starting their own traditions. (I'm telling you this in hopes that I might prevent you from having a guilt attack in the future.)
Be careful what you do to celebrate certain holidays, like St Patrick's Day for instance. You see, if you or the leprechauns decide to do something really fun for your kids one year the kids are going to expect it every year. And if you don't have the time or energy or if the leprechauns decide not to show up the next year your kids might say things like, "I wonder why the leprechauns didn't leave us any treats this year?" or "I can't find my note from the leprechauns." Then the guilt starts.
Just a word of friendly advice.

1 treasured comments:

Nicole said...

word.