Thursday, April 24, 2008

dishes & kisses




Today, I cherished the look
in my little girl's eye
as she kissed her baby and read a book.

I left the dust bunnies, the dishes
and laundry piled high
to delight in her playful hands and soft wet kisses.

Together we enjoyed the day
and time seemed to fly
as we laughed and giggled in our moments of play.

The dust bunnies smiled
and laundry stayed piled.
Tomorrow,when she's grown tall and in days to come
when there are others to enjoy for fun;
there'll be plenty of time for dishes.
And I'll wish for the days of her playful hands and soft wet kisses.

3 treasured comments:

Katee said...

So sweet. Did you write that? It really is true.

Carol said...

yeah, a first for me.

chats said...

she is so stinken cute! Have you concidered downloading a trial version of Photoshop? You can try any version for 30 days. If I hadn't fallen in love with my dad's C33. I would have just updates my Elements to 6.0.