Thursday, May 1, 2008

After you try this recipe............

.....you are going to want to kiss me! Well, my husband did!

It's BBQ Ribs in the crockpot - Come on you can't beat that! Enough said? - Just try it!

Ripped from the pages of BH&G. Tested in my kitchen last Sunday - oh so good with new red potatoes.

Barbecue Pork Ribs

3 - 3 1/2 pounds pork country-style ribs (I used boneless)

1 Cup Ketchup (the bottle NOT broken by the earthquake)

1/2 Cup finely chopped onion

1/4 Cup packed brown sugar

1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1/2 teaspoon chili powder (Mmm-mm tasty stuff)

1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (I used hickory flavor, this stuff was not as expensive as I thought it would be - actually I got quite a bit for about $2)

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce (I just used a couple of dashes because the kids and I are wimps when it comes to spicy things. My husband added more to his later.)

2 Tablespoons cornstarch

2 Tablespoons cold water

1) Place ribs in a 3 1/2 or 4-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine ketchup, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, liquid smoke, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Pour over ribs in cooker, turning ribs to coat.

2)Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5-6 hours.

3) Transfer ribs to a casserole dish, cover to keep warm. Skim fat from surface of sauce; pour sauce into a medium saucepan. Mix cornstarch into cold water, make sure there are no lumps, combine with sauce. Bring sauce to a boil reduce heat slightly let boil for 1 min. or until slightly thickened.

Alternate: Skim fat from sauce - transfer to med. pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat let boil 7 - 10 min. or until thickened.

4) Pour sauce over ribs in casserole dish and serve.

LEFT OVERS CAN BE SHREDDED FOR SANDWICHES - LOVE THAT!

ENJOY!

2 treasured comments:

Nicole said...

yes please! any meal that gets a kiss is worth making! I love me some bar-b-q :)

Lauren said...

Yummy! Love the crock pot!