Saturday, June 21, 2008

i don't mean to brag...but...

Okay....You got me....Yes, I do mean to brag!

But I can't help myself. Look at these beautiful specimens of

Fragaria xananassa (strawberries).

Grown by MY Husband, in HIS garden. Can you blame me for wanting to shout to the world that we have something better than gold growing in our own back yard?!

And just look what it can be turned into! Oh so-o-o-o TASTY!



Maybe if you're good & nice you can come over and have some with homemade rolls. But only if you're good!

3 treasured comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! The strawberries and Jam look wonderful. We will be right over. (Don't I wish it was that simple.) Really I am impressed. Good job C the Gardener and C the Jammer and Pic/taker.

Marshall said...

Yum! Those look SO yummy! That is one of my goals in life . . . plant strawberries and have them grow! Yum!

Nicole said...

you are the queen of jam, i humbly bow to your genius :) seriously, you really are a genius jam makin' queen! FABULOUS!!!! freezer jam is easy but not everyone can do it w/out granules or making it too thin, i'll take 4 jars please;)