*I'm assuming you read the title of this post. Now, go back and read it again, out loud with a spanish accent ----like Jack Black. Common, you know you want to, it'll make you smile!
Dear Pants,
I just want to write you this letter to let you know how happy I am I found you. I cherish our relationship. I never thought I would say this to pants, but no pants have ever treated me so well. When you were made your cotton fabric was woven together with Lycra, one of the greatest fabrics invented, ever, and cotton with Lycra is both durable and stretchy. When I put you on in the morning as part of my Mommy Uniform of T-shirt and Capri pants you sometimes feel a little snug and I wonder if I ate one too many cookies the day before. But then I think to myself, "Self, did we eat cookies yesterday?" and the answer is, "No! In fact we exercised yesterday." So, although you are a little snug I really don't worry too much because you're comfortable and as I examine you in the mirror, you look nice, you hug me in all the right places. Then I go about my business in comfort all because of you.
At some point in my day I start to notice that you aren't as snug as you were at the beginning of the day, this makes me happy, somewhere in the back of my mind I think, "Hmmm, maybe I've lost a little weight already today?" Weather this is true or not really has no consequence because in my world I believe I am at least five pounds lighter and so my belief is my reality.
Thank you pants for making this alternate reality possible. I know at the end of the day when I step on the scale it may not tell me what I want to hear but no worries when I slip on your sister pants tomorrow I will loose five pounds again, most likely around lunch time.
Please continue to treat me kindly and we will have a wonderful relationship for months to come.
With much love and gratitude,
stretchy pants wearer,
Carol

3 treasured comments:
You are so funny!
Oh my goodness! You are awesome! I often feel the same way - I'm glad I'm not alone :)
I didn't know that was Chritian Bale in the Newsies - I'm gonna have to watch it again! Funny he's Batman now!
You're hilarious, and by the way I love your hair, and all of your muffin recipes! We tried your banana muffins and they were a major hit.
Post a Comment