Saturday's Tahoe trip was a bit of a 'cast-off' celebration.
And boy did we make the most of it!
Last year when we visited the lake I was a little stressed because I was trying to prepare to teach R.S. the next day.
The year before that we were worried about getting the kids home in time for the play they were in.
This year there was no stress - no deadlines - just playing and enjoying our own schedule!
Babe was so excited to get in the water when we got there she wanted to go in, in her clothes.
I told her she needed to wait until she got her diaper off.
As soon as her diaper was off she took off running - full steam - completely naked for the water.
I called to her and told her she needed her swimming suit on before she got in the water.
She stopped looked down at herself, said, "oh" and ran back to me.
When her suit was on it was full steam into the water -- which was a little chilly and took her breath away, but she enjoyed it anyway.
She also enjoyed following Banana around and doing what ever she did.
In fact, he lived in them up at the beach. He was a bit of a raccoon today because he had them on so long yesterday.

After this round of swimming lessons the kids were well prepared for swimming the day away and they did awesome. We were very impressed with how much their swimming skills have improved.

After this round of swimming lessons the kids were well prepared for swimming the day away and they did awesome. We were very impressed with how much their swimming skills have improved.
All morning Mister Man kept asking us what that word was he couldn't remember. We had no idea what he was talking about. Finally he said, "Croc-a-daddies! That's it! Are we going to catch some Croc-a-daddies!" He was so happy he finally remembered his word. He meant 'craw-dads' of course but I think Croc-a-daddies has stuck with our family.
MDH took the older kids over to the rocky part of the beach where they were able to catch some Croc-a-daddies and then brought them back to show me and Sweet Cheeks.
Yeah.....they are pretty creepy!
~*~
We had a great day! AND...stopped for Mickey Dee's on the way home.
As far as the kids were concerned that was the perfect ending to a perfect day.
They even had transformer toys!












5 treasured comments:
Wow, that looks like so much fun. I wish we could have been there with you. It sounds like when we all came and visited you in GP and went searching for crabs. Good times.
It looks like you all had so much fun!! How wonderful to take a day to spend with each other. What treasured memories you make like that. I love those kinds of days.
Wow!! You are a super fun mom!!!! Looks like you guys are having a fabulous summer!
Couldn't ask for more! Croc-a-daddies, beautiful Lake Tahoe, MCDonalds and Transformers. Sounds like a perfect day!
That looks like so much fun! I used to spend every Saturday all summer long up at Tahoe when I was in High School...great memories
Post a Comment