We got to go up to the B- family reservoir!
Seriously it's been 13 years since I'd been up there!
So this was our kids' first experience on the family's land on this side of the valley.
It was so beautiful.
So I thought I'd post a few pics of the views and brag a little.
This mountain is called Durst.
I have a funny story about the name of this mountain.
Enjoy the picture then I'll share the story.

When MDH and I were dating before his mission he was telling me about the mountain behind his house. He said something like durst the mountain. I thought durst was a word like there's the mountain. About a year later I was out to dinner with my parents and my Dad started talking about the MOUNTAIN Durst. I said, "What? That's the NAME OF THE MOUNTAIN?" and I laughed so hard for what I had thought before.
ANYWAY..... Probably funnier if you had been there, but it makes me smile.
Seriously it's been 13 years since I'd been up there!
So this was our kids' first experience on the family's land on this side of the valley.
It was so beautiful.
So I thought I'd post a few pics of the views and brag a little.
This mountain is called Durst.
I have a funny story about the name of this mountain.
Enjoy the picture then I'll share the story.
When MDH and I were dating before his mission he was telling me about the mountain behind his house. He said something like durst the mountain. I thought durst was a word like there's the mountain. About a year later I was out to dinner with my parents and my Dad started talking about the MOUNTAIN Durst. I said, "What? That's the NAME OF THE MOUNTAIN?" and I laughed so hard for what I had thought before.
ANYWAY..... Probably funnier if you had been there, but it makes me smile.
So while we were there we thought it would be a perfect opportunity to take a few family pictures and hopefully get one good enough for our Christmas cards.
Luckily Aunt Michele - photo genius extraordinaire - helped us out!
Thank you so much Michele!
That's what our little 'chillins' were doing in what could have been the best family photos EVER!
But really I think that's life, especially OUR life so we'll use the photos anyway!!!






5 treasured comments:
I think the pictures are totally cute. They have personallity, like your family! And what a beautiful place. I am loving all of the fall colors!
Cute pictures...all the leaves changing made me miss home...thanks for sharing!!
Holy cow! I love the faces! Which one did you pick???
I think I like the last one best but MDH likes the second to last.
I am glad they worked out. I am just sorry about the faces. I have the same photo luck in our family. We went last night to target to get a great studio pic of all the kids. Not ONE turned out. They tried to sell me one with glare on Jacobs glasses and Sara squinting like crazy. I may need to hire your help!
Post a Comment