
Now I just have to quilt it.
I'm feeling pretty good about it though.
This is my first ever quilt - quilt.
I've quilted but never sewn a quilt top.
So for my first attempt I made two -( matchy-matchy).
I've learned a few things along the way.
SOMEDAY!
- measure twice - cut once. (good advice always)
- your iron is your friend.
- your pins are your friends.
- your ruler, cutting board, rotary cutter are your friends.
- your pins are NOT your friends when they poke you.
- spray starch is your friend.
- your friends are your friends (when they give you good sewing advice)
- quilts take a lot of thread, two quilts take even more.
- sewing is very therapeutic - even if you have to unpick a little.
SOMEDAY!




7 treasured comments:
I am amazed. Not only can you pick cute fabric, somehow you can put it together and make it look great!! When I am feeling brave and patient I will have you help me do one. For now I will stick with fleece!
Soo beautiful! I am so impressed!
oh my heck, i luv the fabrics you used..too cute! of course they turned out absolutly fab, you are the crafting queen!
Wow wow wow! That looks so great!
It turned out so cute. Congrats on your first quilt quilt. I haven't bee so brave as to try yet. Although my Mom would love it if I did. Where will it go? It's cute no matter where you put it.
I am so impressed!! You are my hero!! When I grow up I want to be just like you!!!
The Quilt turned out Great! I'm proud of you. Looks like your mom's talent rubbed off on you.
Post a Comment