Monday, April 27, 2009

Attack of the killer ferret ----- the rest of the story

Turns out the ferret belongs to our neighbor next door.
We didn't know.
Good thing we didn't kill it.
I don't think that would have made for a good neighborly relationship and would have made an awkward conversation on their doorstep.
Can you imagine?
Us: Hi, how are you today?
Them: fine
Us: So we hear you've been looking for your pet ferret.
Them: yes
Us: Well, um....we kind of killed it.
Them: you what?
Us: Ya, well, we didn't know it was yours and we thought it was wild and maybe sick and it kept coming at us and trying to get in our house, so we had to protect our children. You know what we mean? Anyway, we're really sorry. Here's some cookies. Hope we can still be friends. Next time maybe you should tell us you have a ferret? Have a good day!
Lets just say we're really happy we didn't have to have that conversation.
Oh, and, we (MDH and I) discovered we really aren't afraid of anything as long as we have our substantial shoes on. Shoes would make it easier to kick something/someone or run away if we need to.
Have a good/happy ferret free day!

5 treasured comments:

Jeff said...

I'm glad the ferret didn't kill anyone and that you didn't kill it. Although, the awkward conversation would have been a good story.

Andrea said...

I had Rod read the whole ferret story. We had a good laugh. I am glad everyone has come out of this unharmed.

Lauren said...

OH.. funny story!

The Gray Team said...

yea, probably not a good impression on the neighbors. but I'm with you, shoes do help you feel more able to kill, or kick any scary thing coming at you!

Doug and Michele said...

Why do your neighbors let their ferret run free in the neighborhood again!?! I wish you could have posted a picture of you and MDH trying to clean the creature out of your yard. Too funny!