Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Stomach of Steel



Monday night I started to clean out the fridge but - I still wasn't feeling very well so I didn't get it all done and I guess I left a bowl of old tuna with mayo on the counter next to the fridge.
Tuesday morning when I made lunch for MDH to take to work I opened a new can of tuna and mixed it with mayo and made him a sandwich then put the left over tuna in the fridge.
Later when Duder got up I told him I had mixed up some new tuna and he could have some for lunch (he really loves tuna sandwiches).
Lunch time - Duder toasted some bread and made himself a tuna sandwich.
Later I finally cleaned up the kitchen and noticed the OLD tuna on the counter was open and most of it was gone.
THAT's what Duder used for his sandwich!!!!!!!
Not only was it over a week old!
It had sat out on the counter over night!!!!!
FOOD POISONING FOR SURE!!!!!
RIGHT?!?
Well, not so fast, he's fine. Truly a miracle.
STOMACH OF STEEL
if only it were that strong in the car.

2 treasured comments:

chats said...

It must be all the moldy bread and expired sour cream you feed your kids, it's made them resiliant.

Heidi said...

Hi Carol. I'm so glad that you found me and that you are back. I haven't heard/seen you in a long time...well it wasn't that long ago was it? Come on that would really age us. Anyway, I am going to add you to my blog list so I can keep track of your darling family's happenings.