Sunday, November 1, 2009

One Week of Halloween a Snow Blower and some Jack-O-Lanterns

**WARNING**
A TON OF PICTURES AHEAD!
-*-
*MONDAY*
The week started off with a Music Maker's Halloween Party. The kids dressed up, made a Halloween craft, sang Halloween songs, and decorated cookies. Honestly if that had been the end of their festivities I think they would have been happy.
I started Doodles costume.
*TUESDAY*
I finally pulled out some Halloween decorations. They've been in a box for THREE YEARS! As a result they were brand new and pretty darn exciting for the younger two and full of memories for the older three.
I finished Doodles costume, except the helmet was too small.
*WEDNESDAY*
We were all invited to a Halloween party one of Doodles friends was throwing. It worked out that just the older two boys went and they had a blast!
I finished Doodles costume again......the remade helmet look and fit much better.
He told everyone at the party, "My mom made it----without a pattern!"
What a good boy!!!!
*Thursday*
The kids got to dress up for school because they had Friday off from school.
Instead of telling the kids they could dress up for Halloween, they told them they could dress up for "Story-Book-Day".
Hey whatever works -- they got to dress up they were happy.
*FRIDAY*
The kids were home from school and we had my niece K-- with us for part of the day. Banana and K are so cute together. They've always been good friends but it's so nice having them get to spend lots of time together.
Banana and K-- went to a Halloween party hosted by one of Banana's friends and I made the boys help me clean up the house. Doesn't that sound like the best thing EVER to do on your day off of school?!
That evening our church had a "Chili Cook-Off/Fall festival". So much good food to try and so many weird dreams that night from the spice and beans!
The kids had a great time!
*SATURDAY*
HALLOWEEN
The big day! We cleaned-up the basement a little, carved pumpkins -- MDH's is the best EVER!, visited Grma & Grmpa W., Grma & Gmpa S. and my Sis. and her fam.
We had my mom's traditional chili, doughnuts and cider.
Checked out my Dad's new snow blower. (His old one ((which in my mind is still his new one because I can remember when he got it but I think it's over 20years old)) just wasn't cutting it anymore and with all the snow they get ((check out this picture, and this one too)) he really needs a blower that can take care of business ---- man is it a nice one!)
We took some pictures and then headed home to go trick-or-treating and pass out some candy.
This is the first time we've lived somewhere that we had more than a couple trick-or-treaters! Over 150 to be closer to exact.
Banana passed out the candy with MDH --- he's a great dad and even put on a costume to match hers! I think the M&M costumes and bag are the best/most used costumes I've ever made!
I took the youngest two out and the older boys went on their own.
I thought we'd at least cover our ward but after one street Mr.Man was ready to come home and after 3 houses Sweet Cheeks refused to get out of her stroller.
If we came to a door and Mr.Man could hear or see a dog instead of saying,
"Trick-or-Treat?!"
he'd say,
"Is your dog going to attack me?"
and one house, without a dog, he shouted,
"THANK YOU"
Instead of anything else. The owners of that house got a good laugh out of that one.
When we all got home that evening we had Hot Chocolate and watched The Black Cauldron. (We wanted to watch Ichabod Crane/Disney one but couldn't find it)
Yes that was our kids first time watching The Black Cauldron, Yes, it was pretty scary for them, Yes, Mr. Man had nightmares, hopefully, he's going to be okay!
**--**--**
Now for the pictures!
At the church party!


See Mr. Man below.....he has an aversion to looking directly @ the camera. I snapped at him and told him to look @ the camera or he was going to be in trouble and this is the face I got. He seems to be thinking, "You want me to look at the camera? Fine! I'll look at the camera. There, how do you like that?"
Sweet Cheeks with her friend T-- and her friend's mom.
Pictures @ Grma W-'s.
Snow White
Doodle the Red, Meanest viking around!
Samurai S--

Detective Dart, John Dart...from The Candy Shop War.
Our M&M bag!
Group shot --- it was a little cold and windy! See, Snow Whites cloak is being hugged tightly to her .
The men checking out the new toy.


My dad said we needed to get a picture of my mom with it because she's going to be the one using it most of the time.....somehow I don't believe it!
Another group shot!
The obligatory "Crazy Face" shot.
Our Jack-O-Lanterns!
Isn't MDH's M&M one AWESOME?!!!!

The trick-or-treater's best friends! The ones who passed out the candy and Candy the Bucket!
Over all it was a great week!!!
The longest celebration of Halloween EVER but fun.
Now it's on to my two favorite holidays!

7 treasured comments:

Doug and Michele said...

Those pictures are fabulous! I love ALL the costumes, but I have to say how sad I am that we couldn't get a picture of your Snow White and my Cinderella together. They would have looked so cute!! But, I would never have forgiven myself if we had given your family the flu. I am glad you all had a great day! BTW amazing m&m pumpkin!!

mom said...

We both really liked all of the pictures and laughed at the cute comments. The kids all looked great in their costumes. Loved the M&M costumes. Banana in her M&M cos. and K as a Bee looked cute. Doodle C. was great and what a beard! That detective looked really sharp! I don't think there could be a cuter Snow White, or a better Samurai S. What a fun Halloween. Loved that M&M Jack-o-lantern. We had fun, thanks for bringing the kids up so we could see them all dressed up.

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara said...

So we are following your lead with our return to Utah in a month. One of the things I used to soften the blow for our very tender 6 year old, was telling him that his good buddy(Mr. Man) lived in Utah, and that I would for sure contact you so we could get together. I'm sure the next 2 months will be a blur, but due email me, so we can get your contact info, and get together. We'd love to see you guys! I love all of the Halloween mayhem, good times!

McCombs Family said...

Awesome costumes. I only sort of wanted to hear more about the crazy dreams that come with too many beans and cider....or maybe I don't want to know. We sure missed you and your kids at the trunk or treat this year. Good to see you are all well. Sweet cheeks is getting so big! What a cutie.

McCombs Family said...

I am serious...the word verification thingy to type in and leave a comment said MORBID....maybe the bean dreams can get quite morbid. Ha ha

Lauren said...

I love the pumpkins and the costumes!! You guys are so fun :)