Thursday, March 18, 2010

Keeping Us On Our Toes





Not sure what we're going to do with our MR.Man. He's been getting into trouble left and right the past little while. Check out what he was doing while his dad and I were distracted by the stilts! Not an awful thing but something he knew he wasn't allowed to do. Those plastic chairs have tipped over before when someone stood on them. Yesterday, while driving home from MDH's parent's, he decided to open the car door while driving 60mph. Thank goodness he had his seat belt on! We may actually have to use the child safety locks.....That's a first!



When I was tucking him into bed he started to cry. He said he was upset because he kept getting in trouble and he didn't understand why. We had a talk that when something like this.

What kind of things have you gotten in trouble for?

I don't know.

Was it opening the car door while the car was going?

Yes.

Are you supposed to do that?

No.

Was it dangerous?

Yes.

Did you know you weren't supposed to play with the door or the handle?

Yes.

Do you think you should have gotten in trouble?

Yes.

Then we talked about some other things he had done. He didn't, by the way, get in trouble for being caught in the pictures on the chairs. I did remind him that he shouldn't do that again but he didn't get into trouble.

Just when you think you're getting this parenting thing down the kids go and switch things up. I don't know if they think they're doing us parents a favor by keeping things interesting or what. I'm okay with things being a little less interesting. Believe Me!!!

2 treasured comments:

Lauren said...

When you get the whole parenting thing down let me know. I learn something new everyday with my bunch!
Love the stilts you guys are the coolest!!!

chats said...

Stilts. What memories. We used to play for hours on stilts that my brother made when we were kids. So I'm wondering. Did he get caught because you saw the picture, or was he caught in the moment?