Friday, March 12, 2010

Your Disney Advice is Appreciated!

After promising our children for years and years we would take them to Disneyland we're finally going...........very soon. AND---I think we're going to try and hit Sea World too.

Here's where we need some advice.

Where have you stayed while you've been visiting the Most Magical Place on Earth? I'd love to hear.

Yep, we'll be traveling with five kidlings and you know how I love a good deal so I want to find someplace that's nice-ish but doesn't require us to give up one of our children to pay for it. (We're already trying to decide which one were going to sell to pay for Disneyland. I'd hate to have to give up another! ----- Kidding! Just Kidding! I'd NEVER EVER do that!)

8 treasured comments:

ted said...

Be sure to check with Jeff. He, Robyn, Zack, and Delta just went a few weeks ago.

Kristin said...

Oh how exciting for you! We are going at the beginning of May and our kids can't wait! We are staying at the Embassy cause it was part of the deal we got. We have also stayed at the Candy Cane Inn just down the street from the park. I hope you have a great time!

Kristin said...

Oh--one other thing--for fantastic advice on Disneyland, email LeeAnn. She is an EXPERT!

Marcee said...

Check out disneyparks.com and you can find dozens of hotels and package deals. That is what we usually do. My family goes to Disneyland almost every year and we LOVE it! I will tell you that spring break is one of the worst times to go, so try to ge either before or after and you will avoid TONS of crowds.

We usually stay at a hotel that is directly across the street so we can walk through the crosswalk and arrive. We get a free continental breakfast which is nice, but there is also an IHOP next to the hotel where kids eat free for dinner, that is nice too. We bring our own water bottles and put them in the mini fridge the night before. Water bottles at the park are $1.50+ each!! We even will sometimes bring a little $5 toaster to make breakfast... poptarts, eggo waffles, lots of fruit and veggies, cereal & milk, you can stock the fridge with lots of breakfast, lunch and snack foods to save you tons of money! You can even buy $149 3-day park hopper passes at Fred Meyer or Albertsons. Kids under 3 are free, not sure how old your youngest is, but if she's under three she's free! There are resturants in the park that offer free dinner/dessert to birthday kids if there is a birthday around the time you are going. We like to eat lunch at Pinocchio's place in Fantasyland (they have more choices and have the best prices) or at the pizza place in Tomorrowland. Sharing a couple pizzas is cheaper then buying 7 dinners or lunches! Oh, and you HAVE to hit Rain Forest Cafe!! At least once. It is an amazing place to eat in Downtown Disney. If you like animals, you HAVE got to go. NOT cheap, but you can work it... we usually only do it once. We have 5 kiddos too!! I am SO excited for you! We haven't been in a while and my sister and her family are going in April for their 10 yr anniversary. Fun times... you are going to have a BLAST!! You can also check on the website for what rides will be closed down for that time period and what show are playing and such so you can make up an itinerary. That will help with making the trip worth while. You can ask Heidi where they are staying. They got a pretty good deal I think. Have fun!!!!

Dave and Natalie said...

we're going in 10 days!! will we see you there?

Ross, Toby and Holden said...

We just went a couple of weeks ago. We did give a day, get a day for free disney tickets and I pricelined a $40/night Holiday Inn room that was so close that we walked to disneyland. someone told us they don't allow food in, but I saw people bringing in soft coolers packed with food. next time we'll be doing that to save money on food.

Doug and Michele said...

I am also wondering if you will run into my family there. I agree with most of what Marcee said. Bring your own water - splurge once or twice and snacks and good planning the rest of the time. The hotel accross the street is a VERY good idea! We used it for naps, and sadly some emergency clothes chenges - oh well - family happens ;) Have a WONDERFUL TIME!!

Blsful said...

Hi Carol, We are big Disney fans and go fairly regularly. I know Marcee does too. She is right in her advice to stay across the street. It is way easy and cheeper too. I also have the info for lower cost tickets through a broker in Anaheim. Let me know if you want the info and names of the hotels. Have fun!! Barb...oh, and don't miss my two easy ride favs... Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear. The kids will love them.