I guess you didn't get the memo.
You know, the one that said you couldn't get any older unless you received express written permission from both of your parents and both sets of grand parents.
You seemed to think I was joking when I kept telling you I had cancelled your birthday.
I wouldn't joke about something as serious as that.
Despite my best efforts you're turning into a young man.
What am I going to do?
Celebrate the amazing person you are and embrace the exciting new things you're experiencing seems to be our best option.
We are so lucky to have your happy, wise, peacemaking soul in our family.
Every day your wit, humor and intelligence delight and surprise us.
And each day with you is a gift! We love you.
Fall 2003, Oregon, First Fishing Trip with Dad and Grandpa
(This guy was such a cute baby! I wish I had a scanner so I could share some baby pics. These are the oldest I had on my computer.)



1 treasured comments:
I know how you feel! Mark just turned 2! I can't even imagine him at 12. Maybe I'll lock myself in my room and cry...
Happy 12th big man!!!!
Post a Comment