Where do I start?
I'll start where it all started with us ..... well, actually, MDH.
He purchased this --- The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland 2010
Without a doubt some of the best money we've ever spent and I highly recommend the read. I can say that mostly because I didn't read it. I let MDH do the reading and planning.
The book had some very helpful strategies but this one is all mine.
Wear comfy shoes. Forget fashion, wear comfy, well broken in shoes. I'll spare your eyes and not post a picture but you can imagine some well-worn, used to be white, not very-pretty-any-more-probably-never-was-pretty-because-they're-exercise-shoes on my feet and they served me well......from 7am to 11pm my feet felt great!
WARNING
PHOTO HEAVY (and travel log heavy) POST AHEAD!
We arrived in line around 7:30 am "The Guide" said we should line up at gate 13 so we did. The line looked just as long as all the others but we decided we'd test "The Guide". Within moments of getting in line a large group in front of us left our line and went to another and in the blink of an eye we were at the front. It was so weird!!!!but "The Guide" was right...it was shorter.
I was a believer in "The Guide" the rest of the day and it never let us down.
Our first ride was the Buzz Light year ride, we walked right on. Mr. Man LOVED it, unfortunately, not the best ride to start Sweet Cheeks on. I think sensory overload would be a good way to describe her reaction.
We then tried out Pirates of the Caribbean.
Sweet Cheeks had me cover her eyes and ears the whole time and when it was over Mr. Man said, "That was too much for me! It should have been rated PG 13 and you shouldn't have let me on that ride!"
He was ticked at me. I guess the skeletons freaked him out.
Don't worry, The older kids loved it and the day got much better for the younger ones.
Our next ride was the Jungle Cruise....nice and slow and relaxing with some humor mixed in, just what the doctor ordered.
A park employee took this picture for us. I loved how clean it was and how friendly everyone was.
I was so worried about Duder getting sick on the roller coasters. Turns out I didn't need to worry about Space Mountain, The Matterhorn, Thunder Mountain Railroad or even The Tea Cups, but the Dumbo Ride came close to doing him in. He made it through and then we took it easy on It's a Small World
I was in elementary school last time I went to Disneyland. As we were talking about this trip and planning which rides we wanted to try-out the kids kept asking me what it was like when I was there. I told them I could remember much about it other than the Small World ride and the Haunted Mansion. Turns out, after talking to my parents, the reason why I can only remember those two rides is because I refused to go on any other rides.
Hmmmmmmmmm, sorry Mom and Dad! If it's any consolation Sweet Cheeks is just as stubborn!
When It's a Small World ride started I had this wave of memory wash over me. I couldn't believe how vivid it was and how excited I was to be there again with my kids!
During the day we ran into our neighbors. It was so much fun to see them. Banana and Mr.Man enjoyed getting to spend some time with their friends.
This concludes Disneyland Part I.
Coming Soon Disneyland Part II, where some pictures are shared that are so sweet you may need some insulin.











0 treasured comments:
Post a Comment