Sunday, October 30, 2011

She had a birthday --- in October




Ummm....yes, she is getting to be as grown up as she looks!
She wanted and got a cel phone for her birthday.
Now her little sister is asking for a cel phone for her birthday too. Ya, little sister is going to have to wait at least 10 years.
This birthday girl also got a new outfit and a Book of Mormon in Spanish.
I think the Book of Mormon was her only surprise.....it was a good one too.
Now she and her dad have been reading together in Spanish (her father couldn't be more pleased).

Her birthday dinner requests were chicken enchiladas, fresh apple slices and cream cheese chocolate cake with chocolate ganache.
Yes, it was as good as it sounds.


Check it out. We did fit all 15 candles on one slice of cake.

Last time one of the kids requested this cake for their birthday the wax dripped on the ganache and it was a big mess and it was such a disappointment to waste even the tiniest bit of chocolate heaven. So I decided to put the candles on one slice this time.
Plus, for some reason I was hyper sensitive to germs this day.
Call me weird and crazy but I was.
So this worked for that too.



Have you ever read 

The Misadventures of Benjamin Bartholomew Piff

Looks like she followed all of the rules. 
I wonder if her wish came true? I wonder what she wished for?



The birthday girl with her grandparents.
Let me just say one more time how happy we are to be close to our parents
and 
how happy we are they are willing to come and share these moments with us.
Truly priceless.



0 treasured comments: