Sunday, October 2, 2011

We were invaded....and we liked it.


A few weeks ago, well, a month ago today actually, we were going through our usual morning routine,
breakfast, preparing lunches, making beds, getting dressed, the kids were giving me all their money, you know just the usual when we heard a strange noise outside.
It was loud and sounded vaguely like flames being shot out of something.
My first thought was, we're being invaded by aliens or zombies or transformers or spiderman and friends, because I live with 3 boys and that's the most plausible explanation for most things.


So we ran outside to welcome the aliens/zombies and to hopefully form an alliance.
We thought we could take them to our leaders and then we'd be friends and they'd leave us alone as they took over the planet but for us it would just be business as usual. 


However when we looked outside we saw rising up from the Botanical Center behind our house
A Giant, Purple and Grey,.....


Hot Air Balloon!


Not an alien or a zombie! 


Much to our relief....I think.

Well our dog was relieved.


It made me feel a little nostalgic.
Do you remember when we lived in Reno we'd go to the Hot Air Balloon Races at the park close to our house.  The balloons would go right over our house and one year we followed one and helped it to land.
We used to love that!


The balloons ended up going right over the field behind our house.
I think we counted 6 of them.
I'm not sure where they took off from or where they ended up.
I guess there was a Hot Air Balloon Festival at Antelope Island that weekend but that seems a little far away to be in our back yard.


Even so, it was fun and brought back some great memories.

Do you want to take a look back to?







1 treasured comments:

Mom said...

How fun! I just showed your pictures to Dave and he made a strange sound, and said, "yes they make a strange". Then on the news tonight they showed pictures from the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, NM. He said they use to watch them from their house. Really beautiful! Good story, and pictures.