Friday, March 30, 2012




Hannah took this picture last week when we were at Laurie's wedding.
I added the quote (one of my favorites, it's hung on the fridge for about 18 months now).
I think that once I get this printed up and possibly framed it'll look much better than the ragged paper I had hanging there.

The wedding was beautiful. I always get a little teary at weddings these days (I may be turning into a sentimentalist) but this one was particularly touching. I was just so happy for them.....for Laurie....she deserves a lot of happiness.

We're looking forward to General Conference this weekend. For me General Conference is like a shot of spiritual vitamins. I always come away from the weekend with revitalized resolve and peace. I love it.
I enjoy getting to visit with the family too. Saturday evening will be spent at Grandma W.'s visiting with the ladies and then enjoying donuts and rootbeer floats when the guys get back.

Hannah tried out for a musical this week. I think she came away from the experience a little wiser and feeling like she'd done her best come what may.
I came away hoping I hadn't failed my child and afraid of her feeling the bitterness of disappointment.
I can handle my own disappointments but disappointment for my child breaks me every time, no, it reaches into my chest and rips my beating heart right out and then sprinkles it with salt and lemon juice. And I'm not exaggerating!
Dancing was a pretty big part of the try-out.....she wished she'd been able to sing more, that is her thing after all....I told her to tell them her mom could tutor her on the dancing (she didn't ;o] )....So her call back was with two other girls, the director's daughter and a girl who'd been in a production with them last year. Kind of tough odds. She's hoping to just be a part of the chorus.
I'll keep you posted.

Sam, oh that boy.....he came home upset and trembling the other day....it turns out he'd gotten a warning slip at school that day for fighting, "and not the fighting with a weapon kind, but, kind of yelling and maybe pushing kind." (his words).
From what I can surmise he was standing up for himself and both he and the other boy got into trouble. Is it bad I'm proud of my boy for standing up for himself?
I was in my fair share of fights growing up, and not the kind with weapons but they did result in a bloody nose or two for the other person a few times.
He brought home a letter of apology to me and I had to sign it...oh, good times.

It turns out I've used up all of my free memory space on this here blog. After this post I need to either purchase more memory or start a new blog. I think I'm going to opt for the purchase part because it's actually pretty reasonably priced. Kind of a funny thought though that I've used up that much memory space. I guess you could say my photos are prolific and my writing is verbose.....Ha!
Once I get more memory I'll get those pictures of the girls up for you Mom W.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 treasured comments:

gms said...

I love the picture (She did good) of the Temple and the saying you put by it. That is beautiful both the temple and the quote! I thought the wedding was beautiful too. I had a lot of sand in my eyes also. Any way something brought tears to my eyes. I think you described your feelings really well about the tryout. I've felt that way a few times when I've been disappointed for my kids; but I don't think I explained it as well. (GP says maybe that will keep S. from being picked on!) Hope the other boy had to have a note signed too. I think the kids have to stand up for their selves and not just let others push them around. Now you know whose side I'm on!