Sunday, October 21, 2012

16 Years on this Earth, 16 Candles on a Cake


How in the world did it come to this?
She's 16 years old!
I just don't see how that can be when I'm only 25 years old.
Every year I tell her I'm cancelling her birthday and every year she laughs at me.
To switch things up this year I didn't threaten to cancel it....
I think it threw her off just a little bit......but not much.

So I wanted to do something for her to show her how excited we are for her.
16 seems really old to me.
I think it kind of does to her too.
She wasn't sure she wanted a party (kind of stressed her out to think about it -  I guess she really is my daughter).
So I decorated the yard instead.
She was surprised!
& 
It was totally worth it!





Sweet Cheeks took this picture all by herself. She's pretty proud of it.



The wind kept blowing these signs so they faced the neighbor's front door. No one lives there but they showed it to some potential buyers that day. I wonder what they thought of the yard decor?


So, my friend Natalie designed this little sign for me, I printed & laminated it and attached the ribbon. I thought it would be fun to make her wear it at school but I didn't think she would if I gave it to her. So, the day before her birthday I took it to her friend and asked her to give it to my girl to wear which would have worked great if Sweet Cheeks hadn't been there.
When Banana's friend gave it to her in the car Sweet Cheeks blurted out, "Mom made that but didn't think you'd wear it if you knew it was from her so she gave it to Savannah to give to you....."
Awkward!

Need less to say, she didn't wear it at school.....but I did make her wear it to her youth activity that night.
I'm mean I know.
They sang Happy Birthday to her and I don't think I've ever seen her more embarrassed before in my life.
She's just so cute!



Of all the decorations and signs this was her favorite and the biggest surprise.


I think I put it up the hard way....While I was standing precariously balanced with one leg on the ladder and the other on the wall of the house straddling the roses my neighbor walked by and offered to help or at least catch me if I fell....I took her up on her offer.  After I got it up there I was thinking about it and I totally figured out "the easy way" I should have done it.....oh well it came down really easily.


We are so proud of our girl.
It seems as each birthday rolls around I think she couldn't be any sweeter or any smarter or any more beautiful than she is.......but then another year passes and she becomes even more, more, MORER!
And we're even prouder!

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!
We love you!





0 treasured comments: