Monday, April 29, 2013

My Kids Are Real Life Super Heroes!




Picture taken on Hannah's phone during a random Target trip.

The other night we rented a movie we (MDH and I) watched about 15 years ago.
We remembered liking it and thought the older kids might get a kick out of it.
Turns out there was a lot of swearing. 
and 
It also turns out that over the years we've (MDH and I have) become more sensitive to it.
We finished the show.
Not sure if we should have.
Then apologized to the kids for the swearing.
Then Josh said, "Well, what I hear at school every day it much worse."
"Really?! Wow! I'm so sorry" was my reaction.
But here it is.
These kids of mine really are super-heroes!
They live in a really scary world that can be really dark and heavy, cold, uncaring and hard.
And yet they are full of light and goodness and charity.
When you're around them you feel better about yourself and about the world.
They are good just for the sake of being good.
They love each other and they like each other and I like that a lot.
They even seem to like me and their father and they listen to us.
That means a lot to me to.
When I see movie stars or athletic heroes on T.V. I can't help but scoff a little and think to myself
they're nothing compared to the people that live in my house.
And they are amazing people
Despite my unintentional contribution of non-uplifting media in their lives.
My people are the real heroes!
And I feel like the luckiest person alive.
My kids truly are real life Super Heroes!



0 treasured comments: