Monday, April 29, 2013


Once upon a time I used to photograph every little detail of our lives, our yard, family...everything.
But lately I just can't believe how my days just fly by with every moment full of something, everything and nothing all at the same time.
When my kids were little, 4 of them 8 and under, I would try to imagine what it would be like when 3 of them would be teenagers together.
My imaginings didn't even come close to how difficult and wonderful it is.
And so here we are and my children have taken to being our crazy life photographers/documentors.
And that's ok. In fact it's better than ok. I love it.
These photographs are some of the latest downloads from Hannah's camera.


The weather has finally warmed up and with it our flowers have blossomed and our grass dried.
MDH checked out the sprinklers and fixed the winter casualties on Saturday.
I was talking to him from the porch while he was testing the sprinklers and low and behold a rainbow appeared. Quick thinking Hannah grabbed her camera and documented it.

 Last late summer/early fall MDH planted some random tulip bulbs he liked.
I had never seen the packages and so I had no idea what he'd planted.
This spring I was surprised with tulips in sunset hues!
They are so beautiful they make me want to cry.



This little leaf doesn't know if it's a leaf or a petal so it's both.
I've never seen one like it before.
Nature is awesome!

Meet Daphne.
When we lived in Oregon our friends had a Daphne-Odora bush by their front door.
It was so fragrant and beautiful you felt like you could and should drink it up.
Then we moved into a new house that also had a Daphne-Odora right by the front door.
We promised each other when we moved that one day we'd have a Daphne-Odora by our front door again.
Last year we made that promise come true and we planted Daphne by our front door.
This spring we are enjoying that sweet-sweet fragrance again and loving it.
It is one of the best things you will ever smell! I promise.
If you don't believe me come on over and smell for your self.
I love you Daphne!

Our daffodils have been especially cheerful this year.

And last but not least, tonight's sunset was a real winner!










0 treasured comments: