Monday, March 15, 2010

The Planets Have Aligned........and I now have the correct time.

The day of the switch to Daylight-Savings-Time is has got to be my least favorite day of the year.
I get hungry at the wrong time.
I'm tired ALL -the-live-long- DAY!
When it's finally time to go to bed I can't get to sleep because it's the wrong time to be going to sleep.
When I woke up the kids to get ready for early church we had a great big mess of grumpy in the house! ***"Stop breathing so loud!" was heard at the table. Along with, "You're touching me!"***
MDH calls it "Time Change Lag"

BUT

I have to admit I was looking forward to the change and I've decided the benefits are worth the side-effects.
  1. Save now, use later. I get this hour I lost back! And, when I do it will feel like an extra hour! And, if the kids cooperate, I get to sleep in an hour! (OH Heaven!!)
  2. It stays light longer!!! When my husband gets home he'll have more daylight to enjoy time in the yard and he'll be happy. That makes me happy!
  3. All of my clocks are now set to almost the same time! I'm no longer confused about what time it is. See, my watch has been an hour ahead, since the time change in the spring. My beautiful watch that I love lost the little thing on the side that adjusts the time and so I've been confused about what time it is for months. Particularly when I was at the computer. Our computer was still set the Pacific Time and so it was an hour behind. Put me at the computer with a watch that's an hour ahead and a computer that's an hour behind and I'm befuddled! BUT NO LONGER!!!

YIPEE!!! We still have the lag. I hope it's over soon! I hope you recover soon too!

1 treasured comments:

Jeff said...

I agree that there benefits. My favorite benefit is in October when we get the hour back. I'm just not sure it's worth it though. I've had a rough time being on time to work so far this week. Hopefully I'll adjust soon.